How do I enable VeriCite LTI in my Blackboard course?
Your Blackboard administrator may have already added VeriCite as a system tool. If it has already been added globally, you may simply select VeriCite from a menu of approved LTI tools when adding content to your site. The setup steps below are intended for instructors adding VeriCite as a web link to a tool provider in an individual course. Allowing instructors to add a web link to a tool provider is an option that is controlled by your system's administrator.
Turn on Edit Mode in your Blackboard course.
Add VeriCite as a Web Link to a Tool Provider.
- Go to Build Content > Web Link.
- Name the web link. You may name the link VeriCite or something that your students will recognize as the location to submit their assignments.
- Enter the URL for VeriCite: https://api.vericite.com/web/v1/authenticate/lti
- Check the box next to This link is to a Tool Provider.
- Enter the key and secret provided by VeriCite. This key and secret is unique to your implementation and will be provided when you subscribe to the VeriCite service.
- If you would like VeriCite grades to go directly to your gradebook, set Enable Evaluation to Yes.
- Choose Yes for the option Open in a New Window.
- Click Submit to save your changes.