How do I add a VeriCite LTI assignment?
From the Assignments screen, click New Assignment.
Enter the assignment information.
Enter the following details for your assignment:
- Assignment Title
- Point Value
- Due Date
- Time Due
- Add attachments (Optional)
- In the Report Options section, you may select the default settings for this assignment. By default, these options are all enabled.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Quotes option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. Turning off this option will include all text in the matching index, regardless of whether or not students have quoted the text correctly. Note: The References or Bibliography section of a paper is always excluded from the matching, even if quotes are not excluded.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Self Plagiarism option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. The default setting is Yes in order to avoid false positives. Excluding self plagiarism allows students to submit multiple copies (or drafts) of the same text within the same course without it being flagged as a match. Note: Student submissions of the same text in different courses will always be flagged as student paper matches.
- If you DO NOT want student submissions for this assignment to be added to your private institutional repository, remove the check mark next to the Store in Index option.
Then, click the New Assignment button at the bottom to save your assignment details.
Once you have added your assignment, it will display in the Assignments list.
Assignments are grouped according by due date into Upcoming, Past, and Undated categories.
From this screen, the instructor can also see how many papers have been submitted to a particular assignment.