How do I create a VeriCite LTI assignment?
From the Assignments drop-down menu, select Manage Assignments.
Click Add new assignment.
Enter assignment information and save.
Enter the following details for your assignment:
- Assignment title
- Points possible
- Due date
- Add attachments (Optional)
- In the Report Options section, you may select the default settings for this assignment. By default, these options are all enabled.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Quotes option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. Turning off this option will include all text in the matching index, regardless of whether or not students have quoted the text correctly. Note: The References or Bibliography section of a paper is always excluded from the matching, even if quotes are not excluded.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Self Plagiarism option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. The default setting is Yes in order to avoid false positives. Excluding self plagiarism allows students to submit multiple copies (or drafts) of the same text within the same course without it being flagged as a match. Note: Students submitting the same text in different courses will always be flagged as a student paper match.
- If you DO NOT want student submissions for this assignment to be added to your private institutional repository, remove the check mark next to the Store in Index option.
Then, click the Save button at the bottom to save your assignment details.
Once you have added your assignment, it will display in the Assignments list.
Edit assignment details.
Update due date.
Click on the Quicklinks gear icon and then select Delete to delete an assignment.
Confirm the assignment deletion.
You will be prompted to confirm the assignment deletion. Note that any existing papers for this assignment will not be deleted. Instead, they will be moved to the "None" assignment category.
Click OK to confirm and delete the assignment.
Return to Overview.
Click on the Overview option in the Assignments drop-down menu to return to the landing page for the VeriCite LTI. You will see a listing that displays the Assignment, User, Submission, Date Submitted, Report Score, and Grade for each user in the course.
The instructor will see all students in the course. Students will only see their own submissions. (If the submission status and due date is shown in red, that indicates that an assignment is due soon or is overdue and the user should submit right away.)
Filtering and sorting.
You may filter the list to view items by Assignment, User, or Status drop-down menus. You may also sort by any of these items using the Sort drop-down.