How do I add VeriCite LTI as a content item in my Brightspace course?
In order to add VeriCite to a Brightspace course, your Brightspace administrator must first set up VeriCite as a content item tool provider in the system.
Add VeriCite as an Existing Activity.
Select VeriCite from the drop-down list of available activities.
Note: If you do not see VeriCite in this list, your Brightspace Administrator has not yet made the tool available.
Enter your assignment details.
Enter the following details for your assignment:
- Assignment Title
- Point Value
- Due Date
- Time Due
Scroll down to view/modify additional options and Save.
- Add attachments (Optional)
- Open in a new tab (Optional)
- In the Report Options section, you may view or modify the default settings for this assignment. By default, these options are all enabled.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Quotes option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. Turning off this option will include all text in the matching index, regardless of whether or not students have quoted the text correctly. Note: The References or Bibliography section of a paper is always excluded from the matching, even if quotes are not excluded.
- If you would like to turn off the Exclude Self Plagiarism option for this individual report, remove the check mark next to that option. The default setting is Yes in order to avoid false positives. Excluding self plagiarism allows students to submit multiple copies (or drafts) of the same text within the same course without it being flagged as a match. Note: Student submissions of the same text in different courses will always be flagged as student paper matches.
- If you DO NOT want student submissions for this assignment to be added to your private institutional repository, remove the check mark next to the Store in Index option.
- Then, click the Save button at the bottom to save your assignment details.
The VeriCite assignment has been added to the course.
You do not need to add the assignment to your gradebook. Once a student submits to the assignment, and you enter a grade for the submission, the assignment and student grades will be added to the Grades area automatically.
Note: It is important to note that at least one student must submit to the assignment (not the instructor submitting on behalf of students) and the submission must be graded before the VeriCite assignment will appear as an item in the gradebook.