How do admin users access VeriCite Admin features? (in Canvas)
The admin features of VeriCite are available via the admin tab in the VeriCite LTI tool. This tab provides access to system-wide administrative reports and statistics and is visible to any user with admin rights in the LMS. In order to access the admin tab, you will need to add the VeriCite LTI tool and at least one VeriCite assignment to a course. It is not necessary to publish the assignment or to have students enrolled in the course where the LTI tool is located.
Adding the LTI tool to a Canvas course.
Go to Settings in your Canvas course.
Go to the Apps tab.
Search for VeriCite.
Select VeriCite and click Add App.
Enter the information provided by VeriCite for your integration and click Submit.
You will need to enter the following information.
- Name: This is the name of the tool as it appears in your course. VeriCite will be prefilled for you in this field.
- Consumer Key: This key is specific to your institution and will be provided to you by VeriCite.
- Shared Secret: This shared secret is specific to your institution and will be provided to you by VeriCite.
- Click Add App after entering the above items.
VeriCite has now been added to your course and will appear in the list of Installed External Apps.
Adding a VeriCite LTI assignment.
Now, go to Assignments and click + Assignment.
Enter the assignment information.
Since students will not be accessing this assignment, the title, description, and point value can be anything you choose.
For the Submission Type, select External Tool and then click Find.
- Click on VeriCite in the list of available tools.
- Check the box for Load in a new tab.
- Click Select.
Click Save to save your assignment.
Note: The assignment does not need to be published in order to access admin features.