How do I submit a VeriCite LTI assignment on behalf of a student?
Instructors and admin users may submit assignments on behalf of a student if desired.
Click Submit Paper.
There are two different ways to submit a paper. Choose one of the following:
- Click on the the row for a particular student and assignment to submit that assignment for that user.
- Click the Submit Paper tab at the top. (Optionally, you may use the Submit Paper tab to submit the paper to "None" if there is no previously created assignment for the item you want to submit.)
Select the user, assignment and file.
The User will default to the currently logged in user (e.g. the instructor account) or the user you selected from the list in the earlier step. The assignment will default to the assignment you selected from your assignment list.
- Select the appropriate student name from the User drop-down menu (if necessary).
- Select the appropriate assignment in the Assignment drop-down menu (if necessary). Remember that you may also select "None" if there is no previously created assignment for the item you want to submit.
- Select and drag the file or files you would like to upload from your computer into the Drop Files to upload area and release. Or, click anywhere within the Drop files area to browse for and select the file from your computer.
- If you prefer to submit in-line text instead of a file attachment, click the or copy/paste text link to paste in the submission text instead of step 3.
Upload a zip file to submit multiple files at once. (Optional)
After you select and upload your zip file, VeriCite will extract each of the individual files in the zip and you can specify the following for each item:
- Select the User (i.e. name of student). Note: If the user id or name appears in the filename of the document contained in your zip file, VeriCite will automatically select the user in your course that best matches the filename.
- Select the Assignment. You may choose an existing assignment or select "None."
- (Optional) Edit Title of the submission. The default Title will be the filename, but this can be modified if desired.
- Click Submit Papers to submit all files at once.
Note: There is a limit of 100 files, and 100MB total unzipped file size per zip file.
Review the submission and submit.
Review the paper submission. When you are ready to submit, click the Submit Paper button.
View confirmation and report.
You will receive a confirmation message once the paper has been submitted. Click on the View Report button to view the plagiarism report for this submission.